My heart was beating in my throat and I just had one big smile on my face after the plane hit the ground. I was in Africa and was finally going to meet my team!
I found my name on the piece of paper that our driver Raphael was holding up within a sea of other name plates. He brought me straight to the Fairview Hotel where the welcome diner had already started. I didn´t take the time to check-in and settle down in my room first, but immediately went to the nice open-air restaurant to see the others. It was just great to finally see the faces behind the voices. I also finally met Muriuki and Alex from our NGO partner Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT). We did a round of introducing ourselves in our native languages: Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Swahili, Kikuyu, Hebrew, Hungarian, Danish, Hindi, Portuguese, English, Dutch and some attempts in French. Amazing what a truly global team this is. I am sure we will have an unforgettable time together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good to hear you arrived safely! It looks like it's going to be a wonderful experience. Hopefully you'll be able to keep up this blog when you're in Nyeri.
ReplyDeleteGood luck, have fun and enjoy the adventure!
Xuan
Good luck to you and the whole team! Go Luan Go!
ReplyDeletePhil