After our amazing trip to Ethiopia last summer, I was thrilled to hear that I would go to its neighbouring country Kenya!! I cannot wait to see those big and open smiles again, walk the red soil and feel the intense atmosphere of Africa.
Since we all received the notification back in November, we have had our weekly calls to learn everything from media communications to gifting and gestures.
“We” are twelve (at the moment anxious and impatient) individuals from 9 different countries across the globe, from parts of the IBM organisation that I didn´t even know existed and ranging in tenure at IBM from 3 to 25 years. Cathy, our facilitator, is doing a great job in coaching us through our long list of pre-work activities.
Together with Anna from Seoul, Dave from Washington DC and Nimeesh from Toronto (apologies) Ottawa, our subteam Chui (meaning Leopard, hence the blog design;) has been tasked to develop a legal framework to support and drive the development of Kenya´s E-Government services. A huge challenge, as I always try to stay away as much as I can from my own government’s services and even more from anything having to do with written law. A bit overwhelming also, as we actually have to advise the Kenyan experts in the field.
But after some weeks of data gathering and a first call with our client sponsor, I am just extremely eager to get started on the ground with my team mates. Kenya has a new constitution since October 2010 and an ambitious vision where they like to be by 2030. It is so special to be given the opportunity to work with staff members from the Office of the President and directly contribute to the development of Kenya in these exciting times.
No comments:
Post a Comment