It is starting to become clear to me. We had an eye-opening call yesterday with our client Dr. Katherine Getao. It helped me a lot to see the context of this assignment, that it is not just about legislation and policies but how it affects the daily life of Kenyans.
I would encourage you to read what my team mate Dave writes about the issues faced by normal people like you and me, trying to register a birth, start a business or take a national exam. I wouldn´t be able to express this more eloquently than he does.
Departure is in 4 days. I have seen Out of Africa, The White Masai and Desert Flower, bought two travel books and read numerous websites. I haven´t started packing yet. I still need to handover my work. I still need to print most of the information we have gathered because I am expecting lots of power cuts. I still want to buy Swiss chocolates for my team, Matterhorn postcards to show Kenyans where I live, first-aid stuff for the orphanage for disabled kids that we will visit. And all of the space left in my bags should be filled up with clothes, toys, books and other useful things that I can give to people there.
Luan, I can't wait to follow your adventure, progress and what you and your team are accomplishing while you are there!
ReplyDeleteSounds like an awesome task to be working on it, I hope it will provide them with a lot of progress, good luck!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to following your adventures by reading the blog. Good luck and a lot of fun!
ReplyDelete